WindyCityRails Youth Program
The WindyCityRails Youth Program took place on September 12, 2013.
Our planet is facing a shortage of people who make things. People like engineers, software developers, architects, and scientists. People who use their brains and hands to make greatness happen.
Solving this shortage will take time. So let’s start now. Your organizers have partnered with a group of energetic college students to create the first WindyCityRails Youth Program.
About Monkey Bars
MonkeyBars was created by a group of Chicago area college students. What does the group do? In their words: Monkey Bars aims to create the perfect environment for bringing an idea to life by providing access to cutting edge technology, passionate mentors and an experience that pushes the limits of possibility.
Youth teaching youth. What a wonderful way to solve problems.
Why Focus on Youth?
This 1-minute video explains why.
Youth Program Details
Class Size: Only twenty (20) youth slots are available.
Age Range: 13 to 18 years of age.
Date: Thursday, September 12, 2013
Time: 4pm - 6pm
Location: South Shore Cultural Center
Cost: $55.00 per youth
All students will receive…
- Their own kit containing an Arduino plus a few project-related components: LEDs, jumper wires, resistors. Students can keep the kits at the end of the program.
- A 2-hour introduction to Arduino, led by the Monkey Bars team.
How to prepare…
- Bring a laptop computer, if you have one. Doesn’t matter if you’re running Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X. Two students can share a laptop.
- Install the Arduino software. Don’t worry if you run into installation trouble. On-site help will be available.
- Engage creativity, curiosity, and imagination!